- What is your hometown? I grew up in a military family so it’s hard to say. I don’t remember living in the city I was born in (Dayton, OH). My family moved to Nashua in 1983 and I spent the most years there out of my youth, so I guess you could say that I’m from Nashua. I spent a fair amount of time in NY as an adult and I now live in Manchester.
- What brought you to DPT? Those damn Facebook ads! I discovered working out late in life (kids didn’t do that stuff in my day) but I was mainly doing cardio and yoga. I was ready to start working with weights and seeing what my body could really “do” in its 40s.
- How long have you been training with us? 2 and a half years! There was a few months during Covid that I went on pause, but I eased back in with virtual workouts.
- What do you do in the “real world?” (job, family, pets, etc) I work in marketing for an agency. I have a bitchy cat named Roxie Hart and a less bitchy boyfriend named Andrew. Andrew and Ispend every weekend in the summer at his family’s lake house (score!). My parents and brother are in Nashua; the rest of the family is in upstate New York and St Louis. I have friends all over the world from traveling.
- What is one fun fact that most people don’t know about you? I can make balloon animals!
- What is your favorite exercise and why? I am going to regret writing this when Erin sees it, but I’ll say box jumping. It always amazes me when I can jump on that box.
- What is your biggest gym achievement so far? I’m getting closer to being able to do real push-ups on the floor (coaches note: she can now to pushups on the floor!). I’ve also impressed myself with running. I never imagined I’d ever be able to run any distance and now I go for 5k runs on my own when the weather allows.
- What inspires and motivates you? Erin is great motivation! Also, being able to keep up with some of the younger clients in the gym.
- What would you say to someone who is thinking about joining or who has just joined DPT? If you’re nervous about all these crazy exercises you’ve never tried, start with the 6-week program like I did. And once you join, show up to WORK. Don’t cheat yourself out of your workout. I love how efficient the workouts are. Just bang it out and get on with your day!
Skip to content