1. What is your hometown? Hooksett, NH
2. What brought you to DPT? I used to do CrossFit and was looking for something different. I started training with a personal trainer at the beginning of the year but was missing group classes and ended up finding DPT online.
3. How long have you been training with us? Since April 2022
4. What do you do in the “real world?” (job, family, pets, etc) I lead an HR function for an investment firm. I have a husband, a son, two cats and two dogs. I am constantly cleaning because of them. I don’t get a lot of downtime because of my job and life in general, but I enjoy being outdoors and squeezing in as many trips as I can throughout the year.
5. What is one fun fact that most people don’t know about you? I have been sober for 8 years and haven’t had a drink since December 2014.
6. What is your favorite exercise and why? My favorite exercise is running. It’s one of the only times that I can get away from my phone and be able to solve tons of problems in my head.
7. What is your biggest gym achievement so far? For me it’s really the consistent attendance for 8 months now. I have always been relatively active but had a hard time showing up to the gym on a regular basis. At DPT, I haven’t talked myself out of going and hour before like I have everywhere else I’ve ever been.
8. What inspires and motivates you? I like being around people who want to better themselves. I used to be motivated by competition but have found more joy in helping others succeed over the years.
9. What would you say to someone who is thinking about joining or who has just joined DPT? DPT really is something special. I have never felt intimidated about any of the people, workouts, etc. I actually look forward to going and am glad that I found DPT because it’s exactly what I was looking for.