1. What is your hometown? My family has moved around a few times, but we currently call a small town in NY called Port Chester home
2. What brought you to DPT? I needed accountability to make sure I would regularly go to the gym and looked for gyms in the area that offered that; after the first couple of classes, I knew DPT would be the perfect fit.
3. How long have you been training with us? A little over a year (my one-year anniversary was in October)!
4. What do you do in the “real world?” (job, family, pets, etc) I work in healthcare research & consulting but for fun, I enjoy traveling, trying out new restaurants with my friends, and creating my own skincare products.
5. What is one fun fact that most people don’t know about you? I speak multiple languages.
6. What is your favorite exercise and why? If I had to pick a favorite, I guess I would choose the dumbbell chest press. I think upper body exercises are easier for me to attempt, and I’ve also been able to see myself go from pressing a 17lb weight to a 35lb weight
7. What is your biggest gym achievement so far? Box jumps! They were something I’d never done before joining DPT and now I’m able to clear the 18inch box.
8. What inspires and motivates you? Definitely the coaches-without them pushing me, I would have given up on myself way earlier in my workout journey. I’m also motivated & inspired by all the people I attend classes with; they all encourage me to work harder and I’m so grateful for that.
9. What would you say to someone who is thinking about joining or who has just joined DPT? Honestly, just do it. There’s a sign on the door when you walk into the gym that says “you did the hard part by showing up, we’ll take it from here” and it’s so true. Once you walk through those doors, everyone has your back from the coaches to the people you take classes with. I literally can’t think of any downsides to joining such a welcoming fitness community.