Happy Friday to ya!
I am all about my slow cooker in the winter. It’s super easy to cook up a really great Paleo meal and have leftovers.
Bonus for those lazy folks like me 🙂
Here’s a good one for you.
Herb Roasted Turkey Breast
- 1 (3 pound) turkey breast
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup chicken stock (divided)
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot powder
- Season both sides of the turkey breast with salt and pepper, then sprinkle the herbs on the turkey
- Place the turkey in the slow cooker, add the bay leaf and pour 3/4 cup of the stock over the top
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours
- Transfer to a cutting board and slice skin off
- Increase cooker to high heat
- In a small bowl whisk together the remaining stock and the arrowroot powder
- Stir the mixture into the slow cooker and cook, uncovered, until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes
- Slice the turkey breast and top with sauce