- What is your hometown? I live in Watertown
- What brought you to DPT? I was looking for a new gym (I did not like the coach at a Crossfit that I was going to) and a co-worker kept raving about the gym she went to. I finally took her advice and checked it out. Haven’t looked back ever since.
- How long have you been training with us? I think it’s been 6 years now but there was at least a year in there that I wasn’t going consistently (thanks, Covid)
- What do you do in the “real world?” (job, family, pets, etc) I am a transportation engineer – I design roads, or, as is more common in Mass, I try to improve them. I live in Watertown with my fiancée (getting married this summer) and my 1-year old chocolate lab, Cocoa.
- What is one fun fact that most people don’t know about you? I can juggle. I was also a very good foul-shooter when I was young – came in 3rd in New England in the Elks National Foul Shot Championship at age 12.
- What is your favorite exercise and why? Hmmmm. As much as I hate to admit it, I “like” burpees and I “like” running around the block at the gym. And when I say “like,” I don’t mean I enjoy them but I like the way I feel after – like I just had a good workout.
- What is your biggest gym achievement so far? That I have lost over 20 pounds of body fat since the beginning of the year
- What inspires and motivates you? Right now, I’m inspired/motivated by my upcoming wedding, but usually I’ve been motivated by older pictures of me and by clothes that I want to wear but I don’t fit into anymore. Other than that, just plain old being healthier so I can be better at everything I do. I am very much aware that exercising consistently and eating healthily improves your health, mood, sleep, concentration, etc.
- What would you say to someone who is thinking about joining or who has just joined DPT? Do it! You won’t regret it. And make it a priority, like work. Don’t ever think of it as a choice you have. Just go and be consistent about it. You’ll thank yourself later.
Skip to content