1. What is your hometown? Flora, IN
2. What brought you to DPT? I moved here from Washington DC in July, I was looking for an outdoor workout, where I could safely connect with others.
3.How long have you been training with us? 6 Months
4. What do you do in the “real world?” (job, family, pets, etc) I am a stay-at-home Mom to two little girls. I really enjoy cooking and operate a cookie business, as a home baker.
5. What is one fun fact that most people don’t know about you? I studied Agricultural Education and Agronomy in college. Before children, I worked as a Seed Corn Specialist in Ohio.
6. What is your favorite exercise and why? I can’t believe I’m saying this…Push-ups. I really don’t enjoy them, but as I get better and stronger, I love the way they make me feel.
7. What is your biggest gym achievement so far? In August, we focused our conditioning sections on running. They were short runs, but I was pushing my speed more than I normally would. By the end of the month, I knocked 1:37 minutes off of my 3 mile run, just from incorporating the speed work at DPT.
8. What inspires and motivates you? My motivation for fitness has always been my health. My body and mind operate better when I’m moving. I am happy, patient, and have more energy for my family. Also, I really find value in the confidence that I gain from going to the gym.
9. What would you say to someone who is thinking about joining or who has just joined DPT? Whether you are a long-time fitness lover or new to working out and looking for accountability, there is a place for you at DPT. The community is fantastic and as someone new to Somerville, I was blown away by how welcoming they were. You will come for the workouts, but want to stick around for the people, and especially the amazing instructors. Your gym accountability is built in, when you realize that they genuinely care about you and your success.