Congratulations to our Client of the Month in Somerville: Filipe Barroso!
- What is your hometown? Ludlow, Ma
- What brought you to DPT? I had been coming off of an ankle injury from a rec league and was looking to get back in the swing of things. A fellow DPTer (John Park) had been going for a while and suggested I give it a try. I took his recommendation and have been coming here ever since.
- How long have you been training with us? 6 years.
- What do you do in the “real world?” (job, family, pets, etc) I’m a software engineer at IBM. I mostly work on the front end user interface. My wife (Anna) and I usually work out Tue/Thur/Sat. When I’m not at work, I love doing outdoorsy things like: snowboarding, mountain biking, tennis etc. I’m shooting for a tri-sprint this summer.
- What is one fun fact that most people don’t know about you? I play the Saxophone (Alto & Tenor)
- What is your favorite exercise and why? Tough one. On one hand, I love launching wall balls to see how high I can get them. However, what’s not to like about tire strikes. I’ll give tire strikes the slight edge here.
- What is your biggest gym achievement so far? During one of the burpee challenges, I did 1200 burpees over the course of 2 hours. I hate burpees, but I really wanted to win the team competition. It was worth it in hindsight as we narrowly edged out the other team. However, I’ll be fine if I never have to do another one again. 🙂
- What inspires and motivates you? I love pushing the limits. There’s nothing like setting a goal that initially seems just out of reach only to find out that your mind/body was capable of doing it all along.
- What would you say to someone who is thinking about joining or who has just joined DPT? Love it, embrace it, and don’t be afraid to succeed. You’ll be surprised in what you can accomplish if you give it a chance.