- What is your hometown? I grew up moving around a lot, starting off in Groveland, MA and living in 6 states. Now we call Auburn, NH home!
- What brought you to DPT? I saw an ad on Facebook for a 6 week deal, and it looked like a fun way to get in shape for my wedding.
- How long have you been training with us? 3.5 years.
- What do you do in the “real world?” (job, family, pets, etc) I’m a Physical Therapist who works with the elderly, at risk population, to keep them home and out of hospitals and nursing homes for as long as possible. My husband, Tim, and I are parents to a wild 2 year old (Charlotte), an even crazier 7 month old puppy (Caly), and to baby girl number 2 who is due to arrive in June!
- What is one fun fact that most people don’t know about you? I learned to surf in Costa Rica with my family and loved it!
- What is your favorite exercise and why? I love box jumps. I think it brings me back a little to my days as a gymnast, and I love seeing how high my short little legs can push me!
- What is your biggest gym achievement so far? After having my daughter, the first day I got back to an unsupported pull up! It took over a year to get there and made me feel like I had finally gotten back control of my own body.
- What inspires and motivates you? In life, I am consistently inspired by my patients and all they have battled and overcome in their lives. I am highly motivated to stay healthy in order to keep up with my daughter and to experience the world with her. I am also motivated and inspired by everyone at DPT. Every time someone picks up a heavier weight or does a harder progression, I’m inspired to push myself a little harder, too!
- What would you say to someone who is thinking about joining or who has just joined DPT? Your body is stronger and can do more than you probably give it credit for. Once you do the hard part of getting to the gym, let yourself be pushed by the coaches and you will be amazed by what you can do and by how much better your body can feel!
Skip to content