Why You’re Not Losing Fat
Have you seen this video yet? It’s pretty much gone viral on Facebook among my personal trainer friends and I passed it on to a bunch of my clients. This is one of the funniest things that I’ve seen in a long time because most of those things, I’ve heard from clients over the past 7-8 years.
It’s also kind of sad that I’ve heard all of those things.
Check out the video first and I’ll explain….[pro-player width=’530′ height=’253′ type=’video’]http://youtu.be/aosMsYWzKzs[/pro-player]
It’s really, really simple. Women do NOT know how to lose fat. Sure it’s pretty easy to lose weight but how do you actually lose the fat, shrink the cells and make sure it never comes back?
It really boils down to the one thing that people struggle with.
You can’t out-train a bad diet. I know I say that all the time but it’s so true. I’d go as far as to say that nutrition is about 80% of the game.
So many people come to me and say that they “eat healthy.” I’m not blaming or poking fun at this, it’s just the sad fact that people don’t know what healthy is.
We’re being bombarded with so many diets, tricks, tips and media advice that it’s pretty tough to keep up.
So I’m not blaming you if you don’t know. What I AM blaming you for is acting like you know it all and then getting pissed when you’re not losing fat.
Here’s what you can do to fix this little nutrition issue and get your ass (and the rest of your body) into amazing shape. AKA lose fat:
1. Stop being a slave to the scale. I don’t care what that number says unless you have an extraordinary amount of weight to lose that is a detriment to your health.
2. Focus on the inches and get a professional to test your body fat percentage.
3. Stop eating grains. They are pretty much useless.
4. I can tell without even looking at you that you have a crappy response to insulin. So many people do. Starchy carbs are killing you.
5. Limit the carbs to sweet potatoes, oatmeal and quinoa.
6. Have a serving of fruit with protein in the morning.
7. Be sure to take 1-2 servings of essential fatty acid each day to help improve your metabolism and increase insulin sensitivity
8. Get 7-9 hours of sleep per night. Otherwise I can pretty much guarantee your cortisol levels are high, you’re not recovering and you’re fueling up on sugar to get through the day
9. Strength train. Hard. Lift heavy weights (get someone to instruct you perfect form on this) and boost your metabolism.
10. Avoid steady-state cardio. It sucks, a lot. Instead check out some alternatives….
11. Drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water each day
So much of losing fat comes down to really optimizing your hormones, controlling your nutrition plan and attacking the right kind of training. It sounds pretty difficult but if you follow some of the steps above, your metabolism will quickly start to respond and you’ll become an efficient fat burning machine.
If you enjoyed this article do me a huge favor and click “Like” at the top of the page to share with some friends. I’m on a mission to help out as many people as possible because I’m pretty sick of seeing people struggle with fat loss.