Recipe: Slow Cooker Paleo Pot Roast
I hope you had an amazing Christmas and are enjoying some time off.
I recently started committing myself to making one new Paleo recipe each week. Often it’s a slow cooker recipe because we can have that for left overs for 2-3 days after.
I really encourage you to try this approach. It keeps your eating plan fun and you don’t get bored with chicken and veggies.
Eating chicken and veggies every day really sucks.
I’ve been there.
There are so many resources for creating awesome, delicious Paleo recipes. Even for someone like me who’s so-so in the kitchen but mostly kinda lazy.
I really have to be in the mood to cook.
I do it mostly on Sundays and Mondays. After that the week gets too busy and just like everyone else, I want something quick and easy.
If you have these easy recipes already cooked up in the slow cooker, you are golden.
Here’s one for you:
Slow Cooker Paleo Pot Roast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 pounds of sirloin tip
- 2 medium yellow onions, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 2 and 1/4 cups of beef broth, divided
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced into 2-inch pieces
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon arrowroot powder
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley (garnish)
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium and add the roast, browning on all sides for about 4-5 minutes
- Transfer the roast to the slow cooker and leave the drippings in the skillet
- Add the onions, garlic and celery to skillet and saute for 2 minutes
- In a medium bowl combine the two cups of broth and tomato paste them pour over the roast
- Add the carrots and peppers in the slow cooker around the roast
- Sprinkle everything with oregano and pepper
- Add the bay leaf, cover and cook on low for 6 hours
- Transfer cooked roast to a plate
- Turn the slow cooker to high heat and in a small bowl whisk the remaining 1/4 cup of broth and arrowroot powder until the powder dissolves
- Whisk in the slow cooker and cook, uncovered for 10-15 minutes until a thickened gravy forms
- Pour over the roast and serve