How to Get a Bad-Ass Body
How to Get a Bad-Ass Body by Cambridge Trainer Callie Durbrow
The other day I was watching a repeat of the MTV Movie Awards (don’t judge) and obviously the Hunger Games were all over those major categories of winners.
I was thinking about what a cool character Katniss Everdeen is and how much I really did love the books. I thought I was going to avoid them like the plague but I dove right in and blasted through that trilogy so fast, then saw the movie and loved it.
Even though it’s a book initially made for teenagers, the creation and evolution of Katniss Everdeen is pretty cool. She is right up there in some of the best bad-ass chicks in movies as far as I’m concerned.
Here are some of my other all-time favorites….
Angelina Jolie as Laura Croft in Tomb Raider
Demi Moore in GI Jane
Jennifer Garner in Elektra and Daredevil
She’s so bad-ass and awesome that she gets two photos…
For this post I’m not going to get into how to train like these ladies or anything like that because in all honesty, it’s not the same. They are professionals training for a roll in million dollar movies. This is their job and they are training and working 8-10 hours a day.
You’re not doing that.
So we’re not talking about how to get a bad-ass movie chick body.
We’re talking about how to get a bad-ass body. Period.
How to make YOUR body look kick ass an amazing. Here we go….
- Lift weights
- Lift weights the right way
- Sprint 1-2 times per week. Here’s a sprint workout for you
- Eat most of your carbs after your workout. For superior fat loss that should be between 50-80 grams per day for the average woman. See what foods you should avoid in this video
- Try intermittent fasting. Start with twice a week and shoot for 15 hours and then gradually build it up. Read all about intermittent fasting here
- Swing a kettlebell
- Don’t worry about the number on the scale, most women fluctuate a few pounds from day to day
- Drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water each day. For example if you weigh 140 you should drink 70 ounces each day
- Take fish oil daily (specifically krill oil)
- Sleep 8-9 hours per night
- Embrace the post-workout feeling and remember that. Use it as motivation for the days that you really don’t want to train
- Train in a group
- Do these exercises: squats, lunges, push ups, chin ups, rows
- Get your hands on some battling ropes for amazing conditioning
- Don’t buy into the hype of losing fat fast. It takes a freakin’ LOT of work
- Have someone qualified measure your body fat percentage and then set a goal for each month
- Get your hormones regulated. This is a fat loss nightmare if they are out of wack. Check out this video which explains this process (click here)
- Enjoy the process. Take one kick-ass workout at a time and set a specific goal to dominate that session, then move on to the next
- Use the foam roller daily
- Focus your nutrition plan on proteins, veggies, fruit (mainly post-workout), healthy fats and lots of water
- Once per week enjoy your favorite foods to keep you accountable and avoid mishaps during the week
If you enjoyed this post just click “Like” at the top of the page to send it on to others and share some great information. Also leave a comment about your favorite bad-ass movie chick!