A fitness post by Cambridge boot camp owner Callie Durbrow
What inspires you? Have you ever thought about it?
What gives you that chill up your spine, hairs literally stand up on your arms, kinda feeling?
A couple of weeks ago I flew out to Indianapolis for a conference. I was sitting in the airport the very next day, trying to fly home because Hurricane Irene was blowing up the east coast. So needless to say, I didn’t even get to my conference, but if I stayed until Sunday like I planned then I wouldn’t get home until Tuesday. No thanks. So, I sucked it up and flew back early.
Anyway, I was sitting in the airport and just thinking of what inspired me. Normally I don’t have these deep thoughts just randomly like that, I’m not too much of a weirdo 🙂
But for some reason I got to thinking about it and I made a list. I wanted to share that list with you because I want you to think about it too.
Don’t go through life just blindly living day by day. Find something you love and do it. Let the people that you love know it. Don’t be a zombie in your life. We only get one life and one body so let’s get after it.
I hope this list inspires you a bit and maybe helps you to find what things actually mean to you.
What Inspires Me….
1. Stories of true humanity:
[pro-player width=’530′ height=’253′ type=’video’]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVlKtI7yd_s[/pro-player]
2. Stories of perseverence:[pro-player width=’530′ height=’253′ type=’video’]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1ZIKtPHR7c[/pro-player]
3. A real competitive athletic event
4. Someone with a rockin’ body
5. An intense, heavy workout where you leave not feeling dead tired but just accomplished, strong and bad ass
6. Children and how innocent they are
7. Genuinely nice people
8. Getting out the the daily routine
9. Looking at life from a bigger picture. Too often we get stuck in our little world and forget everything that goes on around us
10. People who step out of the box and control their own destiny. This is especially true of my business mastermind group, some of the best in the world and I’m so proud to be a part of it. Some of my favorite people right here
11. Liam’s story. This little man is such a fighter and I can’t wait to watch him grow up. http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/liamgean
12. Relaxing my mind for 10-15 minutes each day
13. Getting away from technology
14. When someone comes to me and is totally honest about changing their life, not just giving me the standard answer that they think I want to hear
15. Knowing that I can help them change their life
16. People who step up to the challenge of bettering their life and their health. We only get one body so why do this half assed.
17. Owning my own business and doing what I want, when I want. I make sure that I reflect on how lucky I am for this.
18. Knowing that I’m doing everything that I can to make a great life for myself
19. Not sitting back and letting life just “happen” to me
20. People who never play the victim. You always have a choice and life is not out to get you.
Let me know what inspires you, and if this post helped you out then just click the “Like” button at the top to share with your friends on Facebook.