- What is your hometown? Bridgewater, MA
- What brought you to DPT? A friend of mine was a few weeks into the 6-week challenge, and she was telling me how DPT was ridiculously close to my house and that she thought it would be perfect for me. I was in the midst of an exercise slump and was looking for a change so I decided to give it a try. So glad I did!
- How long have you been training with us? About a year and a half.
- What do you do in the “real world?” (job, family, pets, etc) I live in Somerville with my husband, 6- and 8-year-old daughters, and our golden doodle Charlie. I’m home full time but also do a little dog walking on the side. Hobbies include reading and wandering aimlessly around The Container Store.
- What is one fun fact that most people don’t know about you? I am a Polar Seltzer fanatic (and hoarder) and belong to a secret seltzer society.
- What is your favorite exercise and why? The slideboard. We don’t get to do it very often, but it is so fun and I love a good leg burn.
- What is your biggest gym achievement so far? Successfully landing a 20” box jump, and then doing it 7 more times without killing myself! Box jumps are TERRIFYING for me, far more of a mental challenge than a physical one. Really proud that I was able to overcome the mental aspect.
- What inspires and motivates you? The coaches and the entire DPT community. I’ve accomplished so much more than I ever would’ve believed I was capable of, and it’s because of their support and encouraging words. It’s such a positive environment and seeing other people work hard and kick ass is so inspiring. They make me want to show up every day.
- What would you say to someone who is thinking about joining or who has just joined DPT? To use coach Emily Boynton’s words: action before motivation. Don’t wait until you feel motivated, take action first and the motivation will follow. Don’t overthink it, don’t wait for the right time. Just show up. Joining DPT is one of the best things I’ve ever done for myself… not just physically but mentally, too.
Skip to content