- What is your hometown? I’m from a very small town called Clinton, MA. If you ever find yourself there (sorry if you do) you have to hit up the Old Timers.
- What brought you to DPT? I have always worked out but never was particularly motivated to go to the gym. I tried working out with a personal trainer and did a lot of group exercise classes. I used to be the person who goes to the gym and does the elliptical for 45 minutes and call it a day. I was tired of not seeing results and wanted to find somewhere that was more of a community to keep me motivated. Thanks to good ole Google, I found DPT and never looked back.
- How long have you been training with us? I’m coming up on 5 years in August and can’t believe it!
- What do you do in the “real world?” (job, family, pets, etc) I am a Manager, Project and Operations at Cengage. It’s an EdTech company in the Seaport and I love it. My position has a lot of layers but some things I do are managing a team of assistants, serving as our cultural ambassador, assisting and working on special projects for the Chief Technology Officer. I live in Medford, MA with my husband Alan. We met in college at Plymouth State and have been together for 14 years!! We have no pets or kids and enjoy eating tacos from Painted Burro, travelling, cooking and binging crime documentaries.
- What is one fun fact that most people don’t know about you? I am the youngest of 6 siblings, I have never had a cup of coffee (and I dont drink tea), I make my own homemade pasta, I own a saber and can saber a bottle of champagne like a champ, I sold everything I owned and drove across country and moved to San Francisco in 2011.
- What is your favorite exercise and why? Anything cardio (except running around the block). I love ropes, sleds, plate pushes, ladders, slide board, ski erg and anything and everything with a booty band! I love getting my heart rate up and find all of these exercises fun to do!
- What is your biggest gym achievement so far? Besides becoming a 6a gym person, I’d say seeing changes in my body and finishing multiple nutrition classes. The nutrition classes truly changed my relationship with food and how I view myself. Huge life changer for me!
- What inspires and motivates you? Everyone at the gym! I love seeing my friends and the coaches every morning. Becoming part of this gym family keeps me motivated to show up, knowing the coaches care about me and I love seeing progress in my strength. Another big motivator for me is when the coaches add in fun and different exercise that their crazy minds think of. Its always fun to come into something new to try! I love challenging my body with something I never thought I could do. I always leave feeling stronger, less stressed and excited to go back!
- What would you say to someone who is thinking about joining or who has just joined DPT? Just show up and don’t compare yourself to others. You don’t need to be the strongest person in the room, you can still kick ass. I’d also say, take the nutrition class. It is so worth it!
Skip to content