Learn how to set real goals, avoid excuses and kill the fear that’s getting in your way
Ever since I moved into my new house I’ve been doing a lot more driving. My drive to the training studio is about 35 minutes so I decided to put that time to good use. I now buy most of my books as audio books and I can breeze through one almost every week.
I still read my novel type books on my Kindle but any type of business or lifestyle book, I’m listening to it in the car. The last few books that I’ve listened to have been all about setting goals, getting past the fear that’s holding you back from what you really want and figuring out why you actually make the excuses that you make.
I know that so many people set goals and never achieve them. I’ve set a ton in my life and just let them slip away. I also know that everyone makes excuses. I do it. I know you do it. How many times have you been afraid to do something and you just avoided it forever even though it could have been a really great thing in your life? Lots of times for me.
I wanted to share with you a few things that you can start implementing in your life to get past the fears, the excuses and how to actually set goals that mean something and that you can achieve.
1. If you’re not afraid, you’re not challenging yourself
2. Time is the fuel for fear. Don’t over-analyze stuff. Just do it
3. Commit to something and then figure out the details later. If you don’t, you’ll drown yourself in trying to “organize” and the opportunity will slip away
4. When you make an excuse you need to stop and think about what you are actually avoiding
5. Excuses are just an alteration of reality
6. Is that excuse a step toward success or away from it?
7. Success is your duty, obligation and responsiblity
8. Most people don’t set goals that are high enough. You must set a huge goal, don’t worry about being unreasonable. Then design your life so you’re constantly working toward it
9. If your goal is too small, you don’t have enough skin in the game. It won’t mean enough to you to stop making excuses and to just “do it”
10. Take action
11. Make sure every day is another step toward your dream or your goal, not just another day
12. If you don’t have any actual fears, you are most likely getting complacent
13. Fear means you’re moving in the right direction
14. The best action comes in times of chaos, not times of organization
15. Don’t worry about getting things perfect, just take massive action
16. Failure is an inspiration for innovation. Most of the time we learn a lot more from screwing up than from when things go really well
17. Don’t put the blame on others. It’s NEVER about them, no matter what the situation is. There’s always something you can do to better the situation
18. Get out of your comfort zone. It’s so, so easy to slip into those comfortable routines but you’ll never grow that way. Get out and experience some discomfort until that action becomes comfortable. Then find something else
19. Satisfaction will kill you. Don’t get complacent with your life. No matter what it is- fitness, business, family, relationships….don’t sit back and rest
The important thing to remember is that these ideas can apply to anything. Don’t become a one-dimensional person. Be committed to being the best that you can be at every aspect of your life. Don’t go 100% into work and neglect your health and your family. Have balance but understand that doesn’t mean being average. Have a balance of lots of action to make every part of your life better.
Let me know what you think about this post with a comment below. Please click “Like” above to share with your friends 🙂