Congratulations to our Client of the Month in Somerville: Christine Huard!
- What is your hometown? Quebec City, in Canada.
- What brought you to DPT? My dear friend Nathan. I’ve always been somewhat active but was not getting any support, results and motivation from the gym I was going to. I needed a change. At the time, Nathan had been coming to DPT for a couple of months and I had noticed significant and positive changes in his mind and body. I met with Callie and never looked back, even if my first workout at DPT was the infamous pyramid!
- How long have you been training with us? Since September 2012.
- What do you do in the “real world?” (job, family, pets, etc): I’m a scientist at a pharmaceutical company. I work hard and long hours with the ultimate goal to develop a medicine that will improve patients’ lives. I’m almost there…I don’t have any pets but I have a green thumb; I love orchids.
- What is one fun fact that most people don’t know about you? A long time ago, on a fall evening in a country far away, out on a date, I burned up (totaled) my mother’s first car, a white Toyota Corolla. I didn’t notice that the cigarette lighter (yes, cigarette lighters used to be in cars!) was pushed in until flames came out of the ventilation traps. Calling my parents at 3 in the morning to tell them the news is still memorable!
- What is your favorite exercise and why? I like everything that challenges my strength, cardio, balance and mobility, so I try to find something good in every exercise! Is foam rolling considered an exercise?
- What is your biggest gym achievement so far? There are so many, small and big… To name a few: my first 20” box jump, many pounds and inches, improving my nutrition and still applying the learnings (thanks Emily!), signing up for a 5k (yes, I’m running!), swinging the 46 kg kettlebell…
- What inspires and motivates you? RESULTS and PEOPLE! Without a doubt, my biggest motivation comes from my 6AM workout crew and our bad ass trainers!
- What would you say to someone who is thinking about joining or who has just joined DPT? If I can do it, YOU CAN DO IT! Believe in yourself and don’t give-up; you’re stronger than you think you are! Your DPT family will always be there to support you.