A lifestyle and mindset post by Cambridge personal trainer Callie Durbrow
That’s kind of a weird question for you, right?
I don’t mean doing crazy stuff or being reckless to yourself or others. So what the hell does that mean?
Well, I’m reading this book called Live Life Aggressively by Mike Mahler. It’s a very interesting read because it’s not your typical “self help” book or some kind of collection of theories. Mike talks about his real world experience and how he creates the lifestyle that he wants and basically doesn’t take any crap from anyone. There’s also a lot of talk about setting your body up for a great and aggressive life because Mike is a fitness professional. That part makes it even more appealing to me because he brings everything full circle when it comes to body, mindset, lifestyle and your overall quality of everything.
I encourage you to find a few books that can be inspiring to you. Too many people are just going through the motions of life and not to sound too cliche, but life is short. I can’t imagine going through the exact same routine every single day, so much so that you don’t even need to think about it. I want to feel things every day. I know when I have those days that I don’t think enough or challenge myself enough, I feel kinda blah. You know?
Anyway, I wanted to give you my 9 Ways to Live Life Aggressively…..
1. Be the change you want to see in the world (okay I stole this from Gandhi but it still counts)
2. Decide what you want to do with your life, cut through the fluff and create a plan of action. If you don’t know how, get help from someone who does. AKA- I hired a business coach and I’m still with him 2 years later. Our clients hire us to help them achieve great results with their bodies. Who has time to figure that stuff out on your own? Hire a professional.
3. Embrace the struggle. If your life is too easy you’re not challenging yourself enough
4. Do one thing every day that scares the hell out of you
5. Train hard. Don’t go through the motions at the gym. Swing kettlebells, push the Prowler, battle the rope and work your a$$ off.
6. Success comes from chaos. Nothing is going to be perfect and there’s never a perfect moment to make a change. Sometimes you’ve just gotta fire first, aim second. You’ll figure out the mistakes as you go along but just take some kind of action.
7. Creation is dramatic and powerful. You can only create the life that you truly want by destroying the crap that you have right now. If you want to make the change you have to wipe out the stupid stuff you are doing now.
8. The process and diligence of training and eating properly is too much for most people because there is a reliance on the emotional brain. Your emotional brain will justify everything and you’ll probably never see results because you’ll talk yourself out of (or into) a lot of things. Find a program that helps you change your lifestyle and your views on training and food.
Here’s how many of our members got started with their lifestyle change….click here to find out more
9. Love and live every day. Don’t take for granted what you have and if you want to change what you have then just knock that crap right out of your life. Don’t think or look back, just do it. I know this is easier said than done but again, don’t rely on your emotional brain or you’ll always find a way out.
I hope you enjoyed these lifestyle tips and if you haven’t already, then “Like” us here on Facebook to see more of how we are helping average folks just like you change their lives and live to the fullest.
Plus if you like this post just click the “like” button above and share with some friends on Facebook 🙂