A Cambridge boot camp post by Callie Durbrow
Boot Camp in Cambridge Battle Ropes
Battle ropes are a staple at our Cambridge boot camp program. The ropes are one of the best movements for fast fat loss and conditioning. Here are the top 5 reasons we love using the rope for amazing results:
1. Ropes are great for conditioning without tons of impact on the joints
2. Ropes use the entire body which translates to a higher caloric output and a boost in your metabolism. A metabolic boost over the long term leads to faster and more efficient fat loss.
3. Ropes are a fun way to finish a workout
4. Battle ropes can be used for power, strength, conditioning or just overall fat loss training
5. The ropes challenge your body to power through with a moderately heavy weight without the deceleration phase.
At our Cambridge boot camp we use the battle ropes during our fat loss circuits or as a finisher for ultimate conditioning.
Here’s a great video of how the ropes work in our boot camp:
[pro-player width=’530′ height=’253′ type=’video’]http://www.youtube.com/user/CallieDurb#p/u/0/H1jONmBPf2A[/pro-player]