A Cambridge Personal Training Report by Callie Durbrow
Umm, yeah…who doesn’t?
Don’t worry though, I’m not trying to sell you some rapid fat loss “magic bullet” that will wipe away 20 pounds in 1 week and then what? I’m a straight shooter when it comes to losing fat and creating a lean body. It’s simple but it’s not easy.
A couple of weeks ago I was in California for a weekend mastermind with my business coach and some other fitness professionals. We do this every few months to get together and go over our businesses and talk about what’s working, create strategies and also it’s a great way to form some awesome friendships.
One thing that we talked about a lot was having a road map for your success. Imagine you want to use your car’s GPS to drive to a new place. You need to put in your starting point and your ending point in order to get to your destination. Well, it’s the same in business, life, fitness or whatever. You MUST have a road map in order to achieve ultimate success. So many people just say “well I want to lose some weight and belly fat”
Does that statement motivate you? Does that create that burning desire deep in your gut? When you see a super fit girl walking down the street and a little twinge of jealousy hits you, do you just WISH you could have her body?
Well you can, if you create a plan. Figure out where you are now and what you need to change in order to achieve X (your ultimate goal).
Here’s a photo from my trip out west, this was the view from my hotel room as the sun was rising….
Check this out, here are 11 proven, tested and achieved by pretty much everyone who joins our personal training program, ways to lose fat fast (and keep it off). So, get these all dialed in to your daily life and start working on that road map…..
1. Eat Breakfast– fill up on proteins and healthy fats in the morning to keep you full and energized for your workouts if they are later in the day. Here are some of my favorites…. Cambridge personal trainer’s healthy breakfasts
2. Drink 1/2 your body weight (in pounds) in ounces of water per day. Ex: if you weigh 140 pounds, try to drink 70 oz
3. Avoid steady state cardio
4. Perform intervals instead for a shorter, more intense and way more fun workout
5. Do your training in a group, it’s way more fun and motivating….check out this video….
6. Avoid sit-ups at all costs, they will not give you tight abs. Instead focus on core training through movements killer kettlebell circuits like this one here….
7. Always perform some type of strength training, 2-3 times per week, whether it’s body weight, kettlebells, dumbbells, barbells, sandbags or medicine balls. This will rev up your metabolism and help you develop lean muscle (remember, muscle burns a TON of calories)
8. Eat 5-6 small meals and snacks each day. This will help you avoid overeating and making those deadly trips to the vending machine or to Starbucks at 3pm when you’re dying for some caffeine or chocolate.
9. The staples of your diet plan should include– lean proteins, veggies, fruit, nuts and some whole grains
10. Create a healthy mindset. I talk to people every day that sign up for our personal training programs here in Cambridge and I can tell right away if they have the right mindset to succeed. It’s all about finding out what you REALLY want. So, what is it that you want? 12 pounds lost? Feel better when you go shopping? Not be embarrassed about putting on a swim suit? All of the above? Dig deep and use those feelings as motivation every time you train or make a conscious decision to eat healthy (or unhealthy)
11. Enjoy the ride. Training and eating right can be fun if you do it right and also allow yourself some cheating. I’m all about the cheat day; on Saturdays I eat whatever I want and it’s crazy how motivating that is because 1). I get excited for the cheat day and 2). I eat all the crap that I wanted all week and literally don’t want to see it again until the following Saturday.
Definitely one of my faves here…..
So, start thinking about your fat loss GPS route and let me know how you plan to make this your best year ever by leaving some comments below…..