A fat loss post by Cambridge personal trainer Callie Durbrow
How to Balance Life, Fitness and Fun (and still succeed!)
Welcome back! We’re here on day #11 of the 30 day fat loss challenge and I hope that you’re getting some awesome information. Most of this stuff is going to help you directly with your nutrition, training and ability to lose fat but I also want to touch on some mindset stuff.
It’s important to have that in place or your success will be limited. Ever have a time when you’re really motivated, you eat healthy, go to the gym and everything is going great…..until 3 weeks later when you quit. Maybe you pick it back up again but the pattern continues. This is because your mindset is off. So many people go full throttle with their fat loss plan but they only prepare their actions instead of focusing on the big picture and their WHY.
Why are you doing what you do? Your reason is probably different than mine, probably different than your neighbor or co-worker but it doesn’t matter. You’ve got it dig deep and find out what it is, then make it happen. It has to be a lifestyle change that you can keep going with for a long, long time. Because of this, you have to balance a lot of things….
So, here are 7 tips to balancing life, fitness and fun and still succeeding at all three….
1. Have fun with your workouts- train with friends, co-workers or join a group
2. Get your family and friends involved– if they know your dream and your goals they will support you. If they don’t, screw them. You’ll be much more inclined to make healthy choices if your support system is in place.
3. Do one thing every day that’s productive and leads you toward your goal– it can be anything, but just make progress forward. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.
4. Figure out your exact goal and go for it– think about your goal and make it very specific. Don’t just say “I want to lose weight.” How much weight? Why do you want this? Are you setting an example for your kids? Do you want to look great in a bathing suit? It can be anything but just make it yours and own in 100%.
5. If you don’t like your situation, do something about it– maybe you think you’re stuck in a crappy job or you can’t eat healthy….you can change those things. Yeah it’s not easy and it’s really scary but change is possible if you just ignore the excuses that your mind wants to create and blast through the fear.
6. Friends and family– if you’re not right with your friends and family then things won’t ever be really great. Fix bad relationships or get rid of them completely, enjoy the time with your loved ones and avoid always looking into the future…..which brings me to #7….
7. Stay present– enjoy where you are now and as cliche as it sounds, enjoy the ride. Every challenge that you face is just a step closer to your goals, and that entire journey is part of the experience. Don’t sit around and wish you had this or that, go for it and enjoy the time you spent working for it.
I hope you take some of these things to heart, even if it’s one or two changes that you make, I promise you it will make a huge difference in your life and help you achieve your training and fat loss goals so much faster.
Leave me a comment on what you’re going to change this week!