A Cambridge personal trainer post by Callie Durbrow
Hey, what’s up? Callie Durbrow back here again from Ultimate Athletic Fitness and Durbrow Performance Training.
Have you ever had those days, or weeks, where you just feel like crap? Your motivation is in the tank and you just have that feeling of anxiety that’s constantly with you?
I had a week like that last week and there was something that I just couldn’t shake. I was feeling anxious about my business and some other things and it really screwed with me.
I’m a big believer in the concept of working on your mind, your brain and your mindset just as you work on your body. You have to train your mind to develop certain thoughts and to be able to persevere through some shit. With the help of some serious action taking in my business, some great training sessions where I kicked the crap out of my dead lifts and some good old fashioned mindset work, I was back baby.
It’s amazing what a little action can do for your overall well-being. When you feel like doing nothing, that’s exactly when you have to do something.
I’ll steal a quote from my good pal and mentor Chris McCombs, “Action alleviates anxiety.”
So after my week of feeling like complete and utter crap, I bucked up and started to think about some things that make me really, really happy.
Here goes, the 11 things that make life (specifically my life) awesome….
1. My family and friends
2. Owning my own business, being able to work from home for the majority of the day and make my own schedule
3. Tom Brady and his new (old) haircut
4. Our amazing clients that absolutely kick a$$
5. Our Durbrow Performance Facebook Page (If you haven’t liked us yet, BTW, check it out)
6. Training in my own gym, whenever I want
7. Training with the Prowler as my “cardio” and never running more than 1 mile in the last 4 years
8. The Fall
9. My new favorite smoothie recipe from my pal Valerie Waters
10. Knowing that I’m waking up every day and doing what I love, plus I’m making a difference in people’s lives. Doesn’t get much better than that
11. Obtaining the knowledge (slowly) to train my brain and mindset to be successful and happy and not just go through the motions
I’d love to hear your thoughts about what makes YOUR life awesome.