Apple Cinnamon Bacon Awesomeness
Every week I’ll be sending you some awesome recipes that you can whip up easily and have leftovers for later in the week.
Win-win if you ask me.
A lot of people are confused when it comes to eating Paleo. Paleo isn’t only low carb. It’s all about lowering sugars, starches and the not-so-good carbs like bread, cereal and grains.
This dish today is a sweet potato based one, you’ll get some good energy from the carbs so it’s a great option for a post workout meal or for later in the day on a day that you worked out hard.
Apple Cinnamon Maple Bacon Sweet Potato Hash
- 2 cups of shredded sweet potato or yams
- 1/2 of an apple, chopped
- 3 pieces of bacon, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup, optional
- Sea salt to taste
- Ghee, bacon fat or coconut oil
- In a skillet over medium heat, render / cook the bacon until it’s crispy. You can save the fat to cook the rest of the ingredients or pour off the fat and start over with a spoonful of ghee or coconut oil
- Add the sweet potato to the pan, cooking on medium heat until they begin to get golden brown.
- Add the apples and stir until they soften, about 3-4 minutes.
- Season with the maple syrup, cinnamon and sea salt, to taste.