Coffee and Chocolate Protein Shake
Here is one of my favorite breakfast shake options. It combines two of the best things ever, coffee and chocolate.
This is super simple and you can blend it up on your way out the door before work, use this as a pre-workout boost or save it for a mid-morning pick me up.
Here’s how it goes down:
- 1 cup of brewed coffee (I like to let it cool for 10-15 minutes)
- 1 scoop of chocolate whey protein powder
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (melt this and then put it in the blender)
- 1 handful of baby spinach
- 3-4 ice cubes
Put all the ingredients in the blender and mix until it’s smooth. You won’t even taste the spinach, trust me.
The coffee will give you a nice caffeine boost and the combination of the coconut oil and protein will keep you full for several hours.
Give this shake a try and add it into your morning routine. I’d love to hear about your favorite shake recipe. Leave me a comment below!