Avocado Stuffed Burgers (healthy recipes from your trainer)
Oh hell yeah.
Avocado stuffed burgers.
You know it’s Thursday so I’ve gotta hook you up with another awesome Paleo friendly recipe.
Nick and I made these last week (obviously he did the grilling) and they were pretty much one of the best things ever.
- 2 pounds of grass fed beef or bison
- 2 tbsp black pepper
- 2 tsp sea salt
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 avocados
- 1 cup sundried tomatoes (get the dried ones, no oil)
- Mix the beef with black pepper, 1 tbsp of sea salt and a few squeezes of the lemon
- Using your hands, form the mixture into thin patties that are the same size (you are using two together to make one patty)
- In another mixing bowl, mix and mash the avocados, tomatoes, lemon juice and the remaining sea salt
- Place a spoonful of the avocado mixture on one side of the burger and top with another patty
- Leave room around the sides so the avocado doesn’t leak out
- Pack the edges together and grill 6-8 minutes per side
You can top this with some bacon to make it even more awesome. This recipe will make 3-4 servings, depending on the size of the burgers. I used about 1 and 1/4 pounds of meat for the two of us.
I recommend copying and pasting these recipes into a document on your computer so you can pull them up easily and plan for the week ahead.