February Client of the Month: Promise Lawrence
Congrats to our February Client of the Month at Manchester!
1. What is your hometown? Goffstown
2. What brought you to DPT? I’m not sure if it was a mid-life crisis or an a-ha moment. Last year after I turned 40, I was looking in the mirror and realized that I had no idea who was staring back at me. I couldn’t find a gym that worked for me, I’ve tried them all. When I had heard through Emily that DPT was opening a gym in Manchester, I thought “Ok, I’ll give it a chance”. So I signed up for the 6 week trial and I haven’t looked back. I’ve found more then a gym in DPT, I’ve found a community of support and friends.
3. How long have you been training with us? Since it opened in May of last year.
4. What do you do in the “real world?” (job, family, pets, etc). My husband, Adam, and I have two amazing kids: Ryder 8 and Peyton 6. They keep us on our toes and moving. We have an almost 1 year old pup, Evie and 8 chickens (only Ryder knows their names)! Adam and I are both from the Manchester area so we have lots of family and friends around. During the day I work as a Clinical Trials Program Manager.
5. What is one fun fact that most people don’t know about you? I love roller coasters, the faster the better!
6. What is your favorite exercise and why? Sleds, they help me realize how strong I’ve become. Load on the weight because if you don’t, one of the trainers will jump on and you’ll be pushing them across the gym!
7. What is your biggest gym achievement so far? If I have to pick one I’d have to say push ups. When I first started I could barely do 5 in a row on my knees, now I’m on my toes for full sets even elevated!
8. What inspires and motivates you? My family and health. My kids are getting older and faster. If I can’t keep up with them, I need to be able to keep them in my sights.
9. What would you say to someone who is thinking about joining or who has just joined DPT? Just try it. If you’re not sure do one of the trials that Callie offers. Oh, and make sure you come to at least one, 5:30 am class during the week. Because that is really the best class:-)