Durbrow Performance November Client of the Month: Shira Cohen-Goldberg
1. What is your hometown?
I’m a Jersey girl. Maplewood, NJ.
2. What brought you to DPT?
I was sick of feeling lumpy and weak. I was almost 2 years post-partum and knew I had a hot, strong bod in there somewhere. It has begun to reveal itself in the last few months!
3. How long have you been training with us?
4. What do you do in the “real world?” (job, family, pets, etc)
I am a literacy specialist. I work for a non-profit organization that consults with schools and school districts on issues of “literacy change.” In other words, we help schools to help their teachers to teach reading better.
I live in Medford with my husband Ari (also at DPT!) and my kids Hallel (5) and Ya’ara (2). I love being a mom and my kids are a lot of fun. We have a cat named Lily that we were ready to part with as soon as we had kids. If anyone wants her, let me know! 🙂
5. What is one fun fact that most people don’t know about you?
I was a semi-finalist in a beauty pageant when I was 11.
6. What is your favorite exercise and why?
I am really loving planks right now. Never thought I’d say that.
7. What is your biggest gym achievement so far?
Perfect attendance since I started. Waking up at 4:55 am 3x/week has never felt this good!
8. What inspires and motivates you?
People who make their lives work for them no matter the hardships/challenges. I strive to be this person although I don’t always achieve it. A smile and a kind word go a very long way.
9. What would you say to someone who is thinking about joining or who has just joined DPT?
Do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It’s so good. You will do things you never thought possible. You will be so proud of yourself! <3