Cambridge Personal Training 30 Day Fat Loss Challenge: Day 20
A personal training fat loss post by Callie Durbrow
17 Healthy Snacks for Ultimate Fat Loss
Welcome back to the Cambridge Personal Training 30 Day Fat Loss Challenge….here we are on day #20 and I hope you’re getting some awesome tips. One of the things that my training clients often ask me is, what should I eat for a snack?
You see, a lot of people end up eating 3 meals per day and because of that their portion sizes are probably kinda big. I recommend instead 5-6 small meals and snacks per day. This keeps your metabolism up and gets you to your ultimate goal of burning calories while you’re NOT working out (and even when you’re sleeping).
On the other hand, some people have no trouble snacking but it’s not always a good, nutritious snack. How many times have you reached for the chips or maybe a sweet snack from the vending machine at work? These things won’t really lead you on the right path to your fat loss goals but it’s tough to know what to eat. When you hear someone telling you to eat snacks but you’re not sure what kind of snacks to eat, it can get confusing. I totally understand so I’m here to bust through all the myths and the confusion and the stupid stuff you read online.
I’m breaking it down super simple for you today. 17 of the healthiest, most nutritious and even great tasting snacks that you can implement into your diet plan right away. Your day should look something like this (say your workout was at 5pm)
6pm- post workout drink (low fat chocolate milk)
So check these out, 21 super healthy, great tasting snacks that are portable and easy to prepare:
1. Raw vegetables cut into slices with all natural hummus
2. A cup of various fresh fruit (watermelon, berries, grapes)
3. A handful of unsalted, raw nuts like almonds or pecans (12-15 pieces)
4. Low fat cottage cheese (add fruit if desired)
5. Plain or Vanilla low fat greek yogurt (add fresh fruit)
6. Apple with your favorite nut butter (I prefer almond butter)
7. Hardboiled egg
8. 4 slices of low-sodium deli turkey with a slice of low fat cheese wrapped in each one
9. 1 cup of chocolate almond milk
10. 3 stalks of celery with your favorite nut butter
11. Baked apple slices with cinnamon- peel and slice apple then dash with cinnamon, bake until tender
12. Low fat mozzarella string cheese
13. 8 ounces of all-natural beef or turkey jerky
14. Banana (spread with nut butter if desired)
15. 1 cup of plain greek yogurt, handful of granola and berries
16. Frozen grapes
17. 1 cup of almond milk, 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder, 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed and 1 banana, blend in the blender until smooth
I hope you enjoy these easy and delicious snacks, start using them right away to keep your metabolism revved up and give you all the protein and healthy fat that you need to repair muscles and absorb all the vitamins in your new improved healthy diet.
I’ll check back in with you tomorrow with a cool video…I’m going to show you a killer butt and leg workout that you can do right at home. See ya then!
Drop me a quick comment with your favorite healthy snack!