August Client of the Month: Brandis Dohman
Congratulations to our Client of the Month in Manchester: Brandis Dohman!
1. What is your hometown? Wilkes-Barre, PA
2. What brought you to DPT? Facebook ad and not bouncing back from baby # 2 like I did with #1.
3. How long have you been training with us? Almost 9 months
4. What do you do in the “real world?” (job, family, pets, etc) I am a sales manager for a vaccine manufacturer so I manage 8 sales reps covering MA, VT, ME and NH. I’m married with 2 daughters (I think everyone has met Bri!) and we have a 3 year old yellow lab named Wilson.
5. What is one fun fact that most people don’t know about you? I once won a dance contest aboard a pirate ship while on vacation.
6. What is your favorite exercise and why? I really enjoyed running and sleds until I experienced shin splits. Myself and my daughter enjoy the sled pushes (family bonding). Flipping and hitting the tire is cool. I really enjoy my time at the gym because it’s time for me to focus on myself and not think about work or any of the other millions of things I need to do.
7. What is your biggest gym achievement so far? Well, being recognized for client of the month and transformation Tuesday during my tenure is pretty cool. Honestly, just getting healthier, faster and stronger is what it’s all about for me. Being able to carry both my girls at one time or carry either one of them for long periods of time when they are tired (I’d never be able to do that before joining DPT). I’d still like to get an unassisted chin up one day and go higher on my box jumps though.
8. What inspires and motivates you? I think that I’m a naturally driven person who wants to perform well. However, most importantly, being healthy and strong for my family and helping others along the way. I will be coaching Brielle’s soccer team so Saturday sessions are going to be out for me for a while but being able to teach the kids some exercises and stretches should be interesting.
9. What would you say to someone who is thinking about joining or who has just joined DPT? Just show up! Just like it says on the door when you walk in. You’ve done the hard part, let the DPT family take it from there and stick with it! Go at your own pace and don’t be afraid to ask questions or for help. Good luck, you got this!