April Client of the Month: Jamie Khavari
Congratulations to our Client of the Month in Manchester: Jamie Khavari!
- What is your hometown? Billerica, Mass.
- What brought you to DPT? I had been going through the motions every day at the gym at work, but knew I needed a change. I wasn’t pushing myself at all and not seeing much in the way of results.
- How long have you been training with us? 1 year, first crew signed up in Manchester.
- What do you do in the “real world?” (job, family, pets, etc) I’ve worked for MPD since 2005 and currently work in the Domestic Violence Unit. I’m happily married to the woman of my dreams. No pets but that’s only due to current restrictions by landlord, there will definitely be a doggy in our future.
- What is one fun fact that most people don’t know about you? I volunteer for Caregivers which is an organization that assists senior citizens to maintain their independence, because I love the oldies!
- What is your favorite exercise and why? TRX rows, because they make me feel strong when I’m done.
- What is your biggest gym achievement so far? Getting stronger with squats, still have a long way to go, but have definitely made gains.
- What inspires and motivates you? My wife inspires me, she is always working on making herself a better person, which makes me want to do the same. I’ve always been blessed to have motivation on hand when I decide to do something, I can’t really say where it comes from.
- What would you say to someone who is thinking about joining or who has just joined DPT? I would definitely recommend DPT, the group setting and accountability are key. For anyone just joining, I would just say to keep coming. I’d like to say the classes get easier, but they don’t, but if you do the work you’ll see and feel results.